Ombetja Yehinga Organisation (OYO)
Ombetja Yehinga Organisation (OYO) is a Namibian Welfare Organisation (WO 199) established in December 2002, and officially launched in March 2003. It registered as a trust with the High Court of Namibia in 2009.
The organisation’s values are:
- To be a listening and responsive organisation;
- To lead by example, striving for the highest standards;
- To be inclusive, regardless of race, gender, religion, ability, HIV status or sexual orientation;
- To retain our freedom to give accurate and relevant information, and to do so to the best of our ability;
- To behave in an ethical manner and to fight corruption and dishonesty;
- To support and encourage all people to assert their right to a voice;
- To ensure that everyone has the opportunity to learn;
- To promote creativity and innovation;
- To promote human rights for all;
- To promote excellence and pride in success; and
- To be apolitical, secular and non-judgmental.